As the Delta variant tightens its grip and continues to spread right across NSW, businesses – big and small – have been thrust into disarray yet again. Without the safety net of a nationwide support package like JobKeeper, business owners may be feeling like they’re without help. But you might be surprised at the options available.
To help you cut through the noise and make an informed decision, we’ve compiled a list of grants and support packages you may be able to claim. Find out if your business is eligible for any of the below.
- NSW JobSaver payments: Businesses with turnover between $75,000 and $50 million that can show revenue decline of 30% or more may be eligible for payments of up to $10,000 per week, paid fortnightly.
- NSW covid-19 business grants: A once-off payment of up to $15,000 may be claimed if your annual turnover is over $75,000 with a payroll of up to $10 million and your revenue has declined by 30% or more.
- NSW micro-business grants: Payments of $1,500 per fortnight where turnover is between $30,000 and $75,000, and revenue has declined by 30% or more.
- NSW Payroll tax deferrals: Deferral of 2021 annual return, and July/August monthly returns, until 7 October 2021.
- NSW Payroll tax 25% discount: A 25% discount to 2021-22 payroll tax liabilities apply if your total group wages are no more than $10million and your revenue has declined by 30% or more.
- Covid-19 disaster payment: Payments of up to $600 per week are available to employees, subject to certain eligibility criteria. (Employees can claim their payments directly from Services Australia, however, some clients have sought further advice to consider if more support can be provided to employees without impacting their eligibility criteria.)
Not just states and territories, but the federal government, local councils, and major banks are all offering support packages, relief programs and payments your business may be able to claim. KPMG Australia has compiled a comprehensive list of Covid-19 assistance programs complete with fact sheets, key dates, and links to register expression of interest where relevant. Download it here.
If you have sought or are accessing funds to implement technology to help you diversify, Wiise can help your business go online, reach a bigger audience, and continue to stay profitable. Get in touch to find out what Wiise can do for your business.
These are uncertain times, but Wiise is with you every step of the way. And if last year has taught us anything, it’s that it pays to be resilient and rise to the challenge.